.Well the appearance changes are not so stark this month! The last couple of months had so many visual changes it looked like things had been racing along.
With help from the Monday night crew and Chris and BJ we have managed to get a few things done at Hornertown, Davetston, Flinston & Stanvac this month. I must not forget to mention "welcome back" to Bill2 who has had a break from the Monday night crew for a few months.
And I had the pleasure of traveling to Traralgon 200 km east of Melbourne (900 km from Home) to see Peter and do some more work on setting up his locos using DecoderPro.
We back in the June Update I commented "Droppers, droppers and more droppers.... 36 turnouts and 75 lengths of track = 222 droppers apart from the extras for short pieces of track... " well Chris and Bob have very nearly finished them. See Chris below.
BJ has begun the section of backdrop betwwn the "town Centre" and Hornertown East. The new section of backdrop will be placed infornt of and scenically blended with the basic blue backdrop already in place. Se below
Lat month we showed the formation of the basic landforms. Well BJ has done some basic colur texture work and painted the tresstle I made from Evergreen sections and I have cut the base board and flex track to fit it in.
I installed the trestle on the final approach to Daveyston.
Construction and trial fitting the tunnel portals and retaining wall for Lewiston Loop track (the third one back) below Daveyston township has commenced. The inner and outer folded dogbone main lines are in the foreground.
I have kitbashed an Atlas truss girder bridge to be fitted to the Huntigton Branch behind Flintston. This will be installed over the industrial access road where it enters the rear of Flinston yard.
Rossco and I have fitted all but two of the turnout motors in the yard this month and the wires and terminal blocks are still to be attached to the benchwork.
Last moth I talked about structures under construction and the various "issues" we faced.
Chris has finished constructing the propane storage tanks. The refinery structures, propane tanks, petroleum products tanks, and loading platform have been temporarily placed in position following painting and weathering by BJ. BJ has also started on the ground cover surround some of the structures.
Petroleum products tanks
The propane tanks
The plant area
The ground cover surround some of the structures
BJ did not get much scenery work done one day as he was purloined to help me with the remaining sections of fascia. The photos show the final sections.
Now for Barry to fill over the screw heads and sand back prior to the black paint finding its way on.
I once again traveled to Traralgon 200 km east of Melbourne (900 km from Home) to stay with Peter and have the pleasure of his company and to do some more work on setting up his locos using DecoderPro. My previous visit was detailed in the July post.
Last time I came we discovered that the Digitrax Zephyr had issues and was not communicating correctly with LocoNet despite being sent stateside for warranty work some time prior. A new Digitrax Zephyr Xtra has arrived and what a difference a working piece of kit makes! Peter's frustrations have seemed to have evaporated and it is only a few "older" series Digitrax decoders that seem to "under perform" causing frustrations. A lot of the "problem" locos are now running seamlessly.
Peter "tuning up" his locos - note the "pile" under the test track table.
I wonder how long Peter will be able to leave the test track on the dining room table after I have left this time.....
Thanks for the great time Peter & Faye I enjoyed the extractions from the cellar and your excellent cooking!
Once again thanks for all your help guys....